Most organizations’ websites, including the government’s have this PDF file size restriction that prevents applicants from submitting large documents files. People who encounter this problem often wonder how to reduce their PDF document file size, especially if they can’t afford to remove anymore details from the document.
If you’re currently faced with this problem and searching for a way out, this tutorial is to teach you how to compress your PDF document without tampering with the quality of the file. The methods mentioned work with all Operation Systems.
Online PDF Compressor
This method allows you to compress PDF files from any device that can access the internet. It is an online service of ilovepdf.com.
- Visit ilovepdf.com and select Compress PDF.
- On the loaded page, click Select PDF file > make your choice > tap Choose.
- After selecting a PDF file, select the compression level suitable for you and click on Compress PDF.
- On the loaded page, click “Download compressed PDF” to save the file on your device.
Also see: How To Merge PDF files
Compress PDF on Mac
If you own a Mac, you don’t even need an online website or any third-party app to compress PDF files. Instead, Mac users can natively compress PDFs offline. Follow these steps.
- Open the PDF document that you want to compress in Preview.
- After the file has loaded, click on File > select Export.
- Change the Quartz Filter from None to Reduce File Size.
- Click Save to save the compressed PDF file on your Mac device.
Compress PDF Files on Windows 10
While Windows doesn’t have it’s own PDF compressor, unlike Mac, it has many third-party apps that can easily get the job done. One of the best we’ve considered is 4 dots free PDF compress. Follow the steps below to for installation.
- Download 4dots Free PDF Compress from their official website and install it on your Windows computer.
- Launch the app and click on Add File to add the document that you’d like to compress. Locate and select the PDF > click Open.
- Choose how much you want to compress the quality. Once done, click Compress and that’s it.
- Your compressed PDF file will be saved on your Windows PC.
These are few of the many methods available to compress PDF file. Techzville hopes that you never get caught up and frustrated about your PDF file size.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.