One of the intriguing part of technology is the fact that you can utilize it on different platforms. Platforms ranging from your desktop and laptop computers to your smartphones and wearables. You can however enjoy more benefits by integrating these platforms in each other. This affords you the opportunity to run any app on any platform irrespective of the device with you.
This tutorial is to show how you can run Android apps seamlessly on Windows PC using Android emulators. Techzville recommends two top Android emulators that will provide you with the best user experience
Recommended Android Emulators and Setup
- Nox Player
Bluestacks is one the best known Android emulators among Android users. It is built for gaming and is also ridiculously easy to set up. Apart from apps on Play Store, you have the option to download BlueStacks optimized apps from its own app store.
While Bluestacks supports keyboard mapping which is a major feature for gamers, it does not work well with gestures. A major setback of the BlueStacks emulator is that it gets sluggish in productivity apps. Other than that, the sponsored ads make the emulator lose behind other best free Android emulators for PC.
As for gaming performance, Bluestacks outshines many other Android emulators. Although, you might still notice lags, especially on PC’s that barely meet its requirements. BlueStacks Android emulator is as today based on Android 7.1.2 (Nougat).
Setup and Installation
Go to Bluestacks website and click on Download Bluestacks. Click on the download button for Windows on the left or Mac on the right.
- Once download is done, pen the setup file and follow setup instructions to install Bluestacks. The instructions are simple and easy, similar to installing any other program on your computer.
- Run Bluestacks when the installation is complete. You might see a notification pop up saying that your graphics driver needs to be updated, click the “Close” button. If you don’t after you launch Bluestacks ignore it.
- Now you’ll see a window in which Android emulator, Bluestacks, is up and running. Click the big search icon at the top > type the name of the app you want installed > select “Search Play for…” to get the apps from Play Store.
- Bluestacks is free for a short time after which it asks you to pay $2 per month; or it gives you an option to install some sponsored apps every day to keep using it for free. That’s not a big deal as you wouldn’t need to open the sponsored app which you can easily delete right after the installation is complete. To do this, click the All apps icon at the top >Settings >Apps. Now select the sponsored app and click the “Uninstall” button.
Nox Player is developed Android gamers while being perfectly fine for using other Android apps and enjoying the whole Android experience on PC.
Although, Nox Player allows you to map keys of keyboard, mouse, and gamepad. You can also assign keyboard keys for gestures, for instance, mapping shortcuts or for swiping right.
Additionally, you can indicate the CPU and RAM use in the settings option to get the best gaming outcomes. In the event that rooting Android is your target, Nox Player makes it simple to root the virtual device in less than a minute.
However, one major issue with Nox is that it puts a ton of load on your computer, in other words, you can’t run many apps at the same time. This Android emulator is based on Android 7 Nougat which may be a worry for some.
Setup and Installation
- Download the free Nox Player from their official website.
- Click the installer file you downloaded to start the installation of Nox player on your PC. The installation is simple and easy like any other program installation.
- After a successful installation, launch the Android emulator. On its main screen, you will find the in-built Google Play Store.
- Open Google Play Store (you’ll need to sign in with you Gmail account) and search for the games or apps you want. Click download to automatically download and install then in your Nox Player.
- Incase you have the apk file of the game on your PC, you can drag and drop it into Nox and click the file to install it. Remember that you need to turn on root in Nox setting to enjoy file transfer and sharing between your PC and Nox.
- You can now enjoy and play your favorite Android games and apps on your PC using mouse, keyboard or touch screen. You can also use the CTRL+Mouse scroll shortcut to zoom in and out of app on Nox.
Notice.: If you have many games that you want to play on Nox; Nox has a multiple instances feature which you can use to play them all at the same time on your PC. Launch the “multiple instance management” panel of Nox and launch a new instance to run a different game or app in it. You can open as many apps as you want if your computer’s performance can take it.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.