Sometimes you get skeptical on what files to delete on your computer and the same time, Windows has already flagged your memory space as red. Although, Everyone has once had this problem and it can be a bit of a dilemma choosing between your new files which are important to you now and the old the ones which can be just as important in the future. You can gain extra memory space without deleting any important documents or files on your computer.
There are methods you should employ if you do not want to delete your files and do not have an external device to make a backup. These methods remove files that are not useful to you and the Operating System. However, you do not run the risk of deleting your personal files.
You should know that; this extra space comes from the redundant files and junks Windows leaves on your PC. The individual files are small in size but accumulate over time to gigabytes. This causes your PC to run slowly and obviously taking the space needed for important files. These junks are, log files from Windows, recovered documents and files that were not deleted, browsers’ history, cookies and caches, Windows temporary files and the like
Now that you are convinced to go on, follow the simple steps below to keep your computer fast and running with some extra memory space.
Deleting the Temporary AppData folder.
- Launch ‘Run’ anywhere on the PC by pressing Windows key+R.
- Type the following carefully in the box without the quotes “%Temp%”. Or copy and paste, then press Enter.
A folder opens. This folder contains the temporary files accumulated by your PC over time and it can reach up to 15gb or more if it has never been deleted.
- Select all the files and folders in the folder and permanently delete them (all of them). Skip the ones that would not delete.
Just deleted an important file or files? Use this method to recover them back.
This method scans the Operating System and deletes system files that are not useful.
- Right click on Local Disk (C:), (the partition containing your Windows OS) and select properties.
- Select the “General” Tab and click on Disk Clean up
- Wait for the Clean up to scan
- Select “Clean up System files” and let it scan again
- Select the categories of files you want to delete.
- Click on Okay and watch your PC gain significant memory size.
This employs the use of a third-party software called CCleaner to delete junk files
- Click here to download CCleaner (Opens in a new tab)
- Download the free version and follow the instruction on installation from the site above
- After a successful installation, launch the Application by double clicking the shortcut.
- Select the “Custom Clean” tab on the left and click “Run Cleaner”
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.